Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of Pete Luckett's recipes. He is the owner of Pete's Frootique here in Halifax and his recipes are usually very good. Have not tried it yet but want to post it for safe keeping. It does not state the number of servings so I am guessing at 4. Also feel that fresh peaches could be subtituted for the mango. Preparation time does not include chilling in the fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cognac
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, fine if possible
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 cups mangoes, cut in bite-size pieces and drained
- To make crepes: put milk, egg, cognac, melted butter and vanilla in blender.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Let batter rest for 30 minutes to 1 hours in the fridge.
- Lightly butter small fry pan and heat to medium.
- Add enough batter to thinly cover bottom of pan.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Carefully turn and cook other side.
- Layer crepes between sheets of paper towel to keep warm.
- For filling: cream butter and sugar together.
- Divide mixture evenly between crepes, spreading almost to the edge.
- Fold drained mango into whipping cream.
- Spoon equal amounts down the center of each crepe.
- Roll up folding ends in as you go.
- Place seam side down in casserole.
- Sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Place under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes until sugar turns golden.
- Serve with an extra dollop of whipped cream and slice of mango for garnish.