Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
This is one of Pete Luckett's recipes. He is the owner of Pete's Frootique here in Halifax and his recipes are usually very good. Have not tried it yet but want to post it for safe keeping. It does not state the number of servings so I am guessing at 4. Also feel that fresh peaches could be subtituted for the mango. Preparation time does not include chilling in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cognac
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, fine if possible
- 1 pinch salt
- 1To make crepes: put milk, egg, cognac, melted butter and vanilla in blender.
- 2Add dry ingredients.
- 3Blend well.
- 4Let batter rest for 30 minutes to 1 hours in the fridge.
- 5Lightly butter small fry pan and heat to medium.
- 6Add enough batter to thinly cover bottom of pan.
- 7Cook until lightly browned.
- 8Carefully turn and cook other side.
- 9Layer crepes between sheets of paper towel to keep warm.
- 10For filling: cream butter and sugar together.
- 11Divide mixture evenly between crepes, spreading almost to the edge.
- 12Fold drained mango into whipping cream.
- 13Spoon equal amounts down the center of each crepe.
- 14Roll up folding ends in as you go.
- 15Place seam side down in casserole.
- 16Sprinkle with extra sugar.
- 17Place under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes until sugar turns golden.
- 18Serve with an extra dollop of whipped cream and slice of mango for garnish.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.2
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 164.0 mg
- Sodium 163.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g