Recipe by MommyMakes
This is a delicious, light tasting dessert, perfect after a heavy meal! If the mangoes are small you may want to get more: the more mango, the more flavorful it will be. It can be garnished with mint leaves, raspberries, or blackberry liquor, very impressive! Cooking time is time needed to chill pulp.
Top Review by Bobtail
Well deserved *'s! I had to use a jar of mangos, due to the unavailability of fresh ones. Using canned mangos shaved some time off of the preparation (nothing wrong with that, LOL!) I drained them very well and pureed them in my mini processor. Prepared the cream as directed, folding in the mango puree and Voila! a perfect light refreshing dessert! I do want to try this again, especially with fresh mangos! Definitely a keeper! Thanks MommyMakes!
- 4 mangoes (if they are small you may want 6)
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 44.37 ml confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the mangoes.
- Cover with water in a saucepan and cook until soft.
- Puree cooked mango pieces to a thin pulp.
- Put pulp in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine cream and sugar and whip until light.
- Fold in mango puree and chill before serving.