Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a delicious, light tasting dessert, perfect after a heavy meal! If the mangoes are small you may want to get more: the more mango, the more flavorful it will be. It can be garnished with mint leaves, raspberries, or blackberry liquor, very impressive! Cooking time is time needed to chill pulp.
- 4 mangoes (if they are small you may want 6)
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 44.37 ml confectioners' sugar
- Peel and slice the mangoes.
- Cover with water in a saucepan and cook until soft.
- Puree cooked mango pieces to a thin pulp.
- Put pulp in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine cream and sugar and whip until light.
- Fold in mango puree and chill before serving.
Well deserved *'s! I had to use a jar of mangos, due to the unavailability of fresh ones. Using canned mangos shaved some time off of the preparation (nothing wrong with that, LOL!) I drained them very well and pureed them in my mini processor. Prepared the cream as directed, folding in the mango puree and Voila! a perfect light refreshing dessert! I do want to try this again, especially with fresh mangos! Definitely a keeper! Thanks MommyMakes!