Recipe by Shasha
This is a family favorite - I've made it several times already and they never get tired of it.
Top Review by R. Warren Meddoff
Wasn't worth the calories. Way to sweet and the crust had a horrible texture. The filling was an invitation for a heart attack with a combination of cholesteral and processed artificial juck.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 -5 mangoes, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- CRUST: Mix flour and sugar. Cut in butter using two knives until crumbly. Press into a 9x13 rectangular pan. Bake at 350 C for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
- FILLING: Mix cheese and sugar. Add vanilla and mix until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip and spread over crust. Chill.
- TOP LAYER: Sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Add boiling water, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix until gelatin cools. Add mango. Chill until slightly firm (approx 45 minutes -- don't overdo it! It should still be pretty liquidy). Pour and spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Chill at least 2 hrs or overnight.