1/3 Photos of Mango Cream Scones
A home-baked goody that is scrumptious served with a fresh pot of tea or coffee for a leisurely weekend breakfast. Come to think of it, these scones are so quick and easy to put together that they could be part of a 'special' breakfast any day of the week. You decide.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour, plus additional flour for kneading
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried mango, chopped into dice the size of raisins
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup 10% cream, plus extra to brush on scones
Sweet Buttery Topping
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a fork. Add mangoes and stir to coat with flour.
- 3Combine yoghurt and cream and mix into flour mixture with fork until dough becomes thick and hard to stir. Using hand, knead the sticky dough in the bowl, turning and pressing the dough to incorporate the flour. Add more flour if you need it, a tablespoon at a time, until surface of dough is smooth, soft and no longer sticky.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, flatten the dough with your fingers to a 1/2 inch thick and, using a water glass, cut out circles from the dough mixture. Gather scraps and repeat until all the dough has been used.
- 5Place scones on ungreased baking sheet, leaving some room in between for them to rise as they bake, and brush lightly with some of the 10% cream.
- 6Bake 15-20 minutes, or until scones are golden brown. Serve warm with Sweet Buttery Topping.
- 7To make Sweet Buttery Topping: Beat topping ingredients together and pack into a pretty ramekin to serve. Refrigerate slightly if too soft.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 206.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: