Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mango nectar and fresh mango slices provide a taste of tropical paradise in every bite of pie. Cook time does not include chilling time.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 1⁄2 cups mango nectar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream, fresh mango slices, fresh mint leaves
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under and crimp.
- Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- Combine nectar and next 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; when comes to a boil continue cooking, whisking constantly, approximately 2-5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and cool to room temperature. Spoon mixture into prepared piecrust; cover and chill 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.