Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a tempting tropical treat! Enjoy!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 1⁄2 cups mango nectar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream, to garnish
- fresh mango, slices to garnish
- fit the piecrust into 9 inch pieplate according to package instructions; fold the edges under and crimp them.
- bake piecrust at 425 for 7 minutes, or until it is lightly browned; then let it cool.
- Combine nectar and the next 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil, whisking constantly for one minute or until the mixture thickens.
- Then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and cool to room temperature.
- Spoon mixture into prepared piecrust; cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Then garnish the pie if you desire.
Mmmmmm good! Instead of a regular crust, made this in a mango cookie crust (coconut cookies, butter, mango puree). It was a tropical dream! Thank you, Loves2Teach
a luscious, tropical getaway in a mouthful. i topped mine with toasted sweetened coconut. beautiful dessert, thanks for posting.