Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a little bit unusual in that it uses rum, but the result is really good. The flavor may well strike you as unusual as well. The citrus, combined with the berry and the mango surprisingly has a flavor that hints of ruby red grapefruit with honey. At that, this may well be an interesting alternative to the typical bloody mary served at brunch. Enjoy the recipe!
- 2 fluid ounces mango rum (I used Parrot Bay)
- 1 fluid ounce Cointreau liqueur or 1 fluid ounce triple sec
- 1 fluid ounce cranberry juice
- 1 slice lime (wedge)
- Shake in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.
This sounded SO good, but was WAY too sweet for me. Sweet like bridal shower punch. The color is beautiful and the fragrance is enchanting, but just too sweet. Maybe next time a great big squeeze of fresh lime juice will bring more balance to this drink.