Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice twist on breakfast muffins!
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners or butter.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Gently stir in mango, coconut, and lime zest.
- Pour over dry mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin, each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Brush tops with honey, remove from muffin tin and cool on wire rack.