Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Easy, light and refreshing asian dessert. You need about 2 mangoes for the ice. Time include freezing time.
- 400 ml light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 400 g mangoes, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 mangoes
- 250 g blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut milk and caster sugar in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar melts. Remove from heat and set aside until room temperature.
- Meanwhile place mango flesh in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add to cooled milk mixture and mix well.
- Place in 1 -litre plastic container and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Whisk egg white until soft peaks form.
- Roughly break up frozen mango mixture with metal spoon. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Beat with electric beaters until smooth.
- Use large metal spoon to fold eggwhite through mixture until combined.
- Return mixture to container and re-freeze for another 6 hours.
- To make the fruit salad, cut rind from lime. Remove white pith and create very thin strips of lime zest.
- Extract lime juice and mix the juice with the zest and caster sugar.
- Cut the mangos into chunks, combine with the blueberries and lime dressing. Combine and refrigerate until needed.
- Place mango ice in fridge for 1 hour prior to serving so it is soft enough to dish up.
- Serve fruit salad topped with mango ice.