Recipe by Enjolinfam
This is a wonderful coconut-based ice cream! I usually use half light coconut milk and half full-fat coconut milk, but you could use all of either one or the other, depending on how health-conscious you are.
Top Review by michellehauser
This is just a comment on Nasseh's comment. Reducing the sugar is what caused the ice cream to turn out like ice. If trying again, use the full amount to correct this issue. Happy vice cream making!
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 mangoes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons arrowroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/4 cup of the coconut milk with the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and set aside.
- Cut and puree the mangoes.
- Combine the pureed mango, remaining coconut milk, sugar, and lime together in a saucepan and bring to a boil. When the mixture has just started to boil, take off the heat and immediately stir in the corn starch/arrowroot slurry. This should immediately cause the liquid to thicken (not a lot, but a noticeable amount; it will be thicker when it cools).
- Set the ice cream mixture aside to cool. Freeze overnight.