Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you are in search of a taste of the tropics – look no further than this little glass of Heaven. I wanted to call it “Taste of Hawaii” but thought that was a tad corny. But I have let the cat out the bag now, so I suppose I may as well commit! Anyway, just throw everything in the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. I tried this with fresh and frozen mangoes and they both worked “s’blendedly”. I have put the agave nectar and coconut essence as optional extras. You can also substitute vanilla extract. But this smoothie tastes fantastic without the flavor enhancers. But I was in a decadent, celebratory mood and wanted to heighten the nutty flavor and sweetness. Either way – blend up this simple concoction – it is pure bliss.
- 2 cups mangoes, sliced fresh (or frozen)
- 1 cup orange, cubed (about 1/2 large orange)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut essence (optional)
- 1 pinch of celtic sea salt
- Throw everything in the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. YUM!
Can't believe nobody reviewed this yet. This is absolutely delicious! I omitted the optional agave nectar because the fruit makes this already very sweet. Instead of the shredded coconut I added one tablespoon homemade coconut butter (made from shredded coconut). So creamy and yummy! Thanks for sharing :)<br/>Made for Spring PAC 2014