4 hrs 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Spice it up option
- 1Hopefully you have a blender on steroids (Blentec or Vitamix).
- 2Whirl the almonds to a powder. Set aside.
- 3Whirl the coconut to a very fine point. Set aside.
- 4Put everything in the blender with your optional ingredients or with no options and whirl til smooth.
- 5If you have a square dehydrator, use it as you would fruit leather.
- 6Otherwise, place a very thin coat on silpat or parchment lined sheets and bake low and slow at about 200F until dry, but still flexible -- a couple hours.
- 7Cut into about 5x5 inch squares or close to it rectangles -- equal size.
- 8If you want cones, form and use water to "glue" in place. Return to oven until crisp dry.
- 9Stack them with wax or parchment paper between them.
- 10If you want a crisp flat, put them back on the sheets and return to oven until dry.
- 11If you want to use them as wraps, stop here and leave flexible. If you are storing, be sure to put wax or parchment paper between layers and store in an air tight container.
- 12Plain or sweet cones are great filled with berries or a shredded fruit salad. Maybe a thick pudding or mousse.
- 13Spicy or plain cones can be filled with shredded fruit or veggie salad or a lovely rice mixture or a shredded meat or meat and shredded veggies.
- 14Notice things that shred work very well in these cones and eat easily.
- 15You could even use them to hold toasted sweet or spicy nuts.
- 16As a wrap, same ideas work or come up with your own favorite filling. I think a cheesy concoction would work well.
- 17As a flat it can be offered alone, as a "carrier" or maybe cut in triangles (before final drying) and insert as an accent on your delicious creation.
- 18Since they taste so good, you can just snack on them!
- 19The yield depends on the size you cut them.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Coconut Almond Flats, Wraps or Cones
Serving Size: 1 (805 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1856.8
- Calories from Fat 1160
- Total Fat 128.8 g
- Saturated Fat 54.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 509.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 165.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 37.5 g
- Sugars 121.3 g
- Protein 39.8 g