Recipe by CoffeeMom
This is delicious, especially warm. You can serve it with ice cream or whipped cream but I like it plain.
Top Review by Katemeri
I am inundated with mangoes right now and have been searching for recipes to use them. This was tasty. The topping turned out different than I expected but it was still good. Two of us managed to eat the whole thing in 3 days. I have big mangoes so I had to place a cookie sheet under my pan to catch the drippings.
- 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine mangoes, lime juice, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Stir until mango is coated with lime and nutmeg. Spoom fruit into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry mix until it resembles a course meal. Stir in milk, mix until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly over fruit. Bake at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.