Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The recipe for this drink was found in the 1995 Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook.
- 2 mangoes, peeled & sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 limes, juice of
- 8 ice cubes
- 2 cups sparkling water (or to taste)
- In a blender, process mangoes, sugar, OJ, lime juice & 8 ice cubes for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into a pitcher & refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, in the pitcher, thin the mixture with sparkling water & stir.
- Pour into 4 glasses filled with additional ice cubes.
Wow! I used frozen mangoes and skipped the ice cubes, and I used agave nectar instead of sugar. This was awesome! Thanks, Syd!
very good I also added some gin to the mixture for an extra boost, this was thoroughly enjoyed, thank for sharing Syd!
I made this cocktail for DH's backyard barbeque birthday party. I decided to make it alcoholic. Instead of using sparkling water, I substituted champagne. It turned out to be a hit. The flavor was wonderful. Thanks for sharing! (Made for Recipe Swap #29 - June 2009)