Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ranked this #1 in 2005 when I had a bumper crop.
Make and share this Mango Chutney Spicy recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g mango, finely chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 473.18 ml water
- 24.64 ml salt
- 56.69 g dates, dried
- 473.18 ml vinegar
- 453.59 g sugar
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml crushed peppercorn
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml cumin seed
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml cardamom seed, crushed
- 56.69 g raisins
- 28.34 g pistachio nut (optional)
- 56.69 g almonds, toasted (optional)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice, fresh
- Put mango in a stainless steel pot. Add water bay and salt. Cover and simmer until the mango starts to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, simmer dates in vinegar until soft. Remove dates and chop finely. Make a syrup with the remaining vinegar and sugar.
- Add mango, dates and all spices. Cook until it becomes a thick puree.
- Add nuts and lemon juice. Simmer gently till thick.
- Cool and bottle.