Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from The New Carry-Out Cuisine and only contains three ingredients.
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (montrachet cheese)
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney
- 12 slices prosciutto or 12 slices turkey or 12 slices ham
- Combine the cheese and the chutney in a food processor, and process them for about half a minute or until the mixture is fairly smooth.
- Lay out each piece of meat and spread the cheese mixture thinly on one side.
- With the short end toward you, roll the meat tightly.
- Cut each roll into three pieces crosswise and arrange them attractively on a serving platter.
These were a good, mild tastying appy to go with a white wine or champagne. I opted for a sweet chutney, rather than a spicy one and used proscuitto. I might be inclined to try ham for the wrapping as the proscuitto was almost too mild for the mixture and didn't hold together as well as I'd hoped.
Made these the other night as finger food appetizers for a small group, & they were gone in no time! This was my first time using goat cheese, & one of the first for mango chutney! Both were great! I used 6 slices of prosciutto & 6 of turkey. This is definitely something I'll keep on file & make again! Many thanks for posting it!
I often have had this combination but hadn't tried it as a pinwheel...until now, thank you for the idea, it is so simple but yet so special. Miss Pixie x x x