Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This Nepali chutney is universally used as condiment with sekuwas (grilled skewers), sukutis (smoked roasted meats), roast duck, etc.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil; splitter cumin seeds until dark brown.
- Add chilies, garlic, ginger, timur, asafetida, and salt.
- Fry for a minute or so.
- Add mango chunks, tamarind paste and brown sugar.
- Mix all ingredients well and allow simmering in low heat for about 30 minutes, or until mango chunks are tender.
- Remove from heat and let rest to cool.
- Puree the mango mixture into a smooth paste-like mixture.
- Put in a sterilized, air tight jar and refrigerate.