Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This Nepali chutney is universally used as condiment with sekuwas (grilled skewers), sukutis (smoked roasted meats), roast duck, etc.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil; splitter cumin seeds until dark brown.
- Add chilies, garlic, ginger, timur, asafetida, and salt.
- Fry for a minute or so.
- Add mango chunks, tamarind paste and brown sugar.
- Mix all ingredients well and allow simmering in low heat for about 30 minutes, or until mango chunks are tender.
- Remove from heat and let rest to cool.
- Puree the mango mixture into a smooth paste-like mixture.
- Put in a sterilized, air tight jar and refrigerate.