They have told me that this is very good! I don't like or eat mangoes and I don't love fish, so this a combination of recipes and experiments from the kitchen and the whole kitchen staff and other staff members, that are my guinea pigs! Didn't allow for cooking time for chutney since that should be made ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (more or less)
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (more if you choose)
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper (more if you choose)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 cups mangoes, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup prepared mango chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 3/4 tablespoons oil
- 4 white fish fillets, cutlets
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cucumber, finely diced
- 1MANGO CHUTNEY: Can be stored up 2 weeks.
- 2In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 3Add red onion, and cook until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add green, yellow and red peppers. Stir for 1 minute.
- 4Add ginger, jalapeño peppers (if using), white vinegar, white sugar and mangoes.
- 5Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has thickened slightly.
- 6Remove from heat, and allow to cool to room temperature. *Store in airtight container, refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.* Yield 4 cups, can be used on chicken, pork, vegetables and pasta to name a few.
- 8Combine ginger, garlic, chutney and spices well.
- 9Marinate fish in mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- 10Heat oil in saucepan over moderate heat; cook fish 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- 11Combine yogurt and cucumber together well.
- 12Serve fish with yogurt and salad; & a nice Sauvignon Blanc or White Zinfandel.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Chutney Glazed Fish
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.9
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 116.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 76.3 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: