Recipe by AniSarit
I had some Mango chutney lying in the cupboard and came up with this very delicious sweet sour and slightly spicy dish, ready on the table in about 15min! I had to drag myself away from the table to stop eating. I bet this will work with other chutneys as well - but I don't guarantee that since I haven't personally tried.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (or use 6 chicken thighs and see variation below)
- canola oil
- 200 g mango chutney (I like mine slightly spicy)
- 1 -2 tablespoon onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, lightly fry the chicken cubes on canola oil until ready. Careful not to overcook.
- Meanwhile, in a wok, add the mango chutney, and cook until it's slightly reduced, about 3min.
- Slowly add the onion soup mix until your desired taste.
- Add in the cooked chicken, and mix to coat.
- Serve immediately (we have it either over white rice or couscous).
- Variation: Use (unseasoned) chicken thighs, and bake them in the oven with the unreduced mixture of mango chutney and onion soup mix poured on top of the chicken on 375degF for 45-60min. You would need to cover for half the time, and uncover the other half until mixture is brownish and crunchy looking.