Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had some Mango chutney lying in the cupboard and came up with this very delicious sweet sour and slightly spicy dish, ready on the table in about 15min! I had to drag myself away from the table to stop eating. I bet this will work with other chutneys as well - but I don't guarantee that since I haven't personally tried.
- In a nonstick skillet, lightly fry the chicken cubes on canola oil until ready. Careful not to overcook.
- Meanwhile, in a wok, add the mango chutney, and cook until it's slightly reduced, about 3min.
- Slowly add the onion soup mix until your desired taste.
- Add in the cooked chicken, and mix to coat.
- Serve immediately (we have it either over white rice or couscous).
- Variation: Use (unseasoned) chicken thighs, and bake them in the oven with the unreduced mixture of mango chutney and onion soup mix poured on top of the chicken on 375degF for 45-60min. You would need to cover for half the time, and uncover the other half until mixture is brownish and crunchy looking.
This is so extremely great use for Chutney on Chicken breasts.
Nice tasting, quick prep! I used chicken breasts & the other two ingredients & did bake in the oven! Came out great & served with brown rice! This is a great use for chutney, & I'll be keeping this too make with other chutney's I've made/purchased in the past! Thanks much for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]