Prep 22 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a fulfilling one dish breakfast recipe.
- 4 slices brown bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 2 medium onions, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, washed and chopped
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add salt and vinegar.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add eggs and boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove eggs and put into cold water to cool.
- Shell boiled eggs and cut each into quarters lengthwise.
- Apply butter on slices of brown bread.
- Then apply a layer of mango chutney over it.
- Place quarters of egg on the side of the brown bread slices so as to keep maximum empty space in the centre of the slice.
- Put grated cheese and onion in the centre.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
- Put in an oven or in a salamander.
- Remove from cheese gets slightly melted on cooking it.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.