Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sophisticated Turkey Burger. The flavours of Mango Chutney and Havarti go really well with Turkey. The sauteed onions and garlic just take this burger to the next level.
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter (for sauteeing)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup prepared mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup havarti cheese, cubed
- Sautee onions in pan with butter over med-low heat, until carmelized (golden brown).
- Add garlic to onions about half way through cooking.
- Mix all wet ingredients & seasonings with turkey (use your hands).
- Add onions & garlic with a fork (mixture will cool them down).
- Add breadcrumbs and mix throughly (use hands again).
- Add egg, mix.
- Add cubes of havarti or wait until patties are formed and then insert them.
- Make balls smaller than tennis ball, bigger then golf ball.
- Press in to patties (add cheese if you haven't already).
- Grill on oiled grill of BBQ or on non-stick indoor grill.
- Serve on kaiser, foccacia or onion buns.
- I top with honey mustard.