Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A mango chutney recipe that can be made with just a few mangoes. Perfect for when they are not in season. I make one batch and can them in 1 cup jars. Serve over cream cheese with crackers. Yummy!!!
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine mangoes, apples, pepper, onion, sugar, raisins, ginger and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and boil gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice, curry powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Boil gently for an additional 5 minutes.
- Ladle chutney into jars with a 1/2 inch headspace and process for 10 minutes for half-pint jars.
Wonderful. Thank you for providing a recipe that makes a "manageable" amount of chutney. I used 3 mangoes and 2 apples and followed the rest of your recipe to the letter.