1/7 Photos of Mango Chutney
1 hr 5 mins
A recipe given to me by a friend many years ago. I used to make it as a condiment for curries, but now prefer it with meat loaf, cold meats or on sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the mangoes and cut into small pieces, set aside.
- 2Place the sugar and all but 20ml of the vinegar in a pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Place the ginger, garlic and remaining vinegar in a food processor or blender and work to a paste.
- 4Add to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring.
- 5Add the mango and remaining ingredients, and cook uncovered for 25 minutes, stirring as the chutney thickens.
- 6Watch it carefully, as it can catch at this stage!
- 7Pour into sterilized jars, seal with cellophane covers and label.
- 8The chutney will keep for several months, but it doesn't last that long in our house.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (2836 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3748.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 141.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: