Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this for Christmas a few years ago for somebody who loves mangoes and ginger. They raved about it and each Christmas I was going to make it again for them, just never got seem to get around to it. So I dug this out of my file for this Christmas and posted it for any-one who may be interested. Chutney can be made and stored in cool, dark place for about 9 months, and once opened stored in the fridge.
- Slice mangoes along either side of the stone then cut the flesh in a criss-cross pattern. Fold out and remove flesh cubes.Discarding the skin and stone of each mango. (or just cube the mangoes!).
- Combine mango flesh and all remaining ingredients in a heavy-base saucepan.
- Place over a low heat and cook gently, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Allow the mixture to come to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours or to 2 hours (or until the chutney thickens.).
- Wash the jars in hot soapy water, rinse very well and place the jars in a warm oven until completely dry. Remove the jars with gloves (they will be hot) and immediately spoon chutney into the sterilised jars.
- When chutney is cold seal jars with lids.