Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a flavorful chutney excellent with curries. It has been a long time since I made this chutney and the amount may be off I didn't write down what it produced.
- 4 large slightly green mangoes, peeled & chopped
- 4 small bananas
- 1 medium papaya
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 tomatillos (ground tomatoes)
- 2 fresh limes, juice of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 10 hot chili peppers
- 2 cups dark raisins
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Chop& mix all the ingredients.
- Place in a large pot, bring to a boil.
- Simmer, uncovered for about 4 hours or until it is the right consistency.
- Stir often to ensure you do not burn on the bottom.
- Adjust seasoning for your taste.
- Place in sterilized sealers.