Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A recipe from Trinidad that goes with just about anything........nice on cheese sandwiches.
Make and share this Mango Chutney - 1 recipe from Food.com.
- 25 green mangoes (unripe)
- 250 g currants
- 125 g raisins
- 250 g prunes
- 125 g green ginger
- 125 g salt
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 red chili peppers (or to taste)
- 946.38 ml vinegar
- Mince raisins, currents, prunes.
- Mix with peppers and 1 pint of vinegar.
- Leave to infuse for 24 hours.
- Peel and slice mangoes.
- Pound garlic.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Boil until desired consistency.
- Stir frequently.
- Let cool.
- Bottle & label.
- NB -- Mangoes may be pounded with garlic if preferred.