Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple snack, common in Trinidad and Tobago (Caribbean). Posted for ZWT5.
- 1 green mango
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash salt, for flavor
- 1 dash black pepper, for flavor
- 1 dash garlic powder, for flavor
- Cut the mango into cubes and put it into the bowl. Add all the ingredients to the mango.
- Mix and let fruit rest for 15 minutes (chilling is optional).
This was a fantastic combination of sweet mango and peppery spice. It has a sweet taste when you initially eat it, and then the peppery taste kicks in, making it a perfect choice for dessert whether you have something rich in taste or very savory -- it will provide a tasty contrast to either entree. We loved it! Thanks, January Bride, for posting this delicious and different way to enjoy mango.