Recipe by Phoenix Food Queen
I can't remember exactly where I found this recipe, but I have done a few changes to suit my tastes but I love really enjoy it as does my daughter. With the New Year being here, we are all motivated for some diet changes! I hope you like it! If there are changes you think made it better, please post along with your review!! Thanks!
Top Review by cUte Kitty pUnk
This was really yummy - i didnt have red onion though. I used 1 green onion, 1 red bell pepper, 3 radishes sliced up for the vegetables and I did orange zest but i added a squirt of lime juice at the end. My husband complained it was bland and added sweet chili sauce but I do not agree with him this time. I also used a meat substitute - I'm sure it tastes fine with chicken too. I would probably re-title it Mango Chicken Curry - that makes more sense to me. Made for Spring PAC 2013
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced (also thighs do substitute nicely)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons limes or 2 teaspoons orange peel, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups mangoes, diced (you may substitute papaya if you desire)
- 2 cups of hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Placed chicken brother and next 4 ingredients (last one being cornstarch) in a small bowl and stir to combine and set aside.
- Spray wok with non stick spray or a few drops of oil, preheated over medium heat.
- Add Onion and Garlic and stir fry for 3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Remove from Wok and set aside.
- Add oil & add chicken and stir fry until no longer pink.
- Push chicken to one side of the pan and stir the sauce and pour in to the center of the wok.
- Cook, stirring until bubbling and thick.
- Return onion and garlic back to the wok, add the mango.
- Stir to coat all ingredients, cook for an additional 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with rice.
- Garnish with pieces of citrus peels, if desired!