Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very Tasty Salad, a refreshing change from the average salad. Found this through WW. Only 5pts per serving
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups spinach, baby leaves
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup mango nectar
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat broth in a small nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken in one layer; cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Arrange spinach on a large serving platter; top with mangoes.
- (To cut a mango, spear the fruit with a large fork. Hold it in place on a cutting board and peel with a paring knife. Cut off thick slices of fruit, then dice.) Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and arrange over mangoes.
- In a bowl, stir together nectar, mustard, curry powder, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad and toss; serve.
- Yields about 2 1/4 cups per serving.
Good salad - very easy. I didn't have any mango nectar so I just used some tropical fruit juice that I had (100% juice). With the juice the dressing was a little runny and could have used more zing, but otherwise it had good flavor. I will add a little more vinegar next time and will try to find the nectar. I also added sugared almonds, but I think pecans would be even better. I marinated the chicken with a 30 minute marinades (store bought) rather than the broth. I will make this again.