1/2 Photos of Mango, Chicken and Spinach Salad
A light and refreshing entree salad inspired by a Weight Watchers recipe. But don't let this meal's origin stop you from trying this. If mango is not available, then peaches and peach nectar should also work well. I have presented two ways to prepare the dressing, a simple vinagrette and a warmer version thickened with cornstarch. For those following the Flex Program, the salad is 4 points per serving. For Core folks, the salad is Core plus 1 point for the non-Core dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 medium mangoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 large sweet red peppers or 1/2 red onion
- 1Stir together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside if you want a cold (thinner) dressing.
- 2If you want a thicker dressing, place the dressing in a small sauce pan and simmer until it is about to boil. Mix water and cornstarch together into a slurry and add to dressing. Mix until it just begins to thicken.
- 3Transfer the dressing (warm or cold) into a large bowl.
- 4Heat broth with ground ginger in a small nonstick skillet. Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cover and simmer is cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 5Clean spinach. Dice the red pepper (if using) into 1/2 inch pieces. If using the red onion, slice very thin into half moon shapes. Peel the cucumber and half lengthwise. Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Add all vegetables to the large bowl with dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to serving bowl or plates.
- 6Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and toss with any dressing left in the bowl. Arrange dressed chicken over the salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango, Chicken and Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 421.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar