Recipe by Derf
A quick delectable recipe with a wonderful spice blend. In the summer use fresh peaches, they are wonderful!! from "heart Healthy Cooking" by Becel
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml dried thyme or 3.69 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 lb
- 9.85 ml margarine (becel)
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small dish stir together spices.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with spice mixture.
- Heat margarine in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook, turning occasionally, until both sides are deep golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add mango and green onions.
- Cook, stirring, just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with salt, coriander and squeeze lime over.
- Serve immediately.