1/1 Photo of Mango Chicken
A quick delectable recipe with a wonderful spice blend. In the summer use fresh peaches, they are wonderful!! from "heart Healthy Cooking" by Becel
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 lb
- 2 teaspoons margarine (becel)
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1In a small dish stir together spices.
- 2Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with spice mixture.
- 3Heat margarine in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- 4Add chicken breasts and cook, turning occasionally, until both sides are deep golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Add mango and green onions.
- 6Cook, stirring, just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Sprinkle with salt, coriander and squeeze lime over.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 162.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 26.0 g