A quick delectable recipe with a wonderful spice blend. In the summer use fresh peaches, they are wonderful!! from "heart Healthy Cooking" by Becel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme or 3⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 lb
- 2 teaspoons margarine (becel)
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- In a small dish stir together spices.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with spice mixture.
- Heat margarine in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook, turning occasionally, until both sides are deep golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add mango and green onions.
- Cook, stirring, just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with salt, coriander and squeeze lime over.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious! Quick, simple and very more-ish....I had fresh peaches to hand so substituted them as suggested. Gobbled up by DH and my brother. This one's a keeper. Thanks, Dorothy!
This was excellent! Based on some other reviews I tripled the spices (for pretty large chicken breasts) and I also used about 3/4 the bag of frozen mango chunks from Trader Joe's. The flavor was quite good - served over some garlic mashed potatoes that we had left over. We all enjoyed this, from grown ups to toddler! Thanks!
We used a bag of frozen mango and I mashed the mangos so that it was more like a sauce. This was excellent. Lots of healthy vitiman C.