Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family loves this marinade. It's super easy and excellent when grilling chicken. I've also used it with pork. Preparation time is about 20-30 minutes prep and 2 hours chilling time. Good enough for company and easy enough for an every day meal. The original recipe called for papaya but I replaced with mango and liked it much better. The original recipe came from our local paper, Newsday, about 10 years ago. Since it was so easy I never wrote it down or actually clipped it.
- Mix vinegar and sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to boil then lower and simmer about 20 minutes.
- While mixture is simmering puree two mangoes in food processor. Leaving one mango to slice and serve with cooked chicken.
- After simmering vinegar and sugar for about 20 minutes remove from heat and add pureed mango.
- Refrigerate this mixture at least one hour.
- Marinate chicken in some of the mixture for about an hour (can be longer if you like). Make sure to leave some for basting as chicken cooks and to drizzle over cooked chicken.
- Grill or roast chicken basting at least once on each side with marinade.
- To serve: drizzle a bit of remaining marinade over chicken and add sliced mango to dish.