Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lime peel or 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- to taste nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups mangoes or to taste papaya, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups rice, hot, cooked
- to taste lime peel, cut into thin strips (optional)
- Cut chicken into bite size strips; set aside. Sauce: stir together broth, shredded lime peel, lime juice, brown sugar, curry, and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside. Spray an unheated large wok or 12" skillet with cooking spray.
- Preheat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Remove from wok.
- Pour oil into hot wok.
- Add the chicken; stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Push chicken from center of wok.
- Stir sauce; pour into center of wok.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return onion mixture to the wok.
- Add mango.
- Stir to coat all ingredients with sauce. Cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with strips of lime peel, if desired.
I really enjoyed this recipe its not, however, for picky eaters. It did seem to need something else and plan to experiment further. Its definitely something I will make again.
Great, easy recipe. I added some freshly grated ginger to the sauce as suggested by some other reviewers.
It was a split decision in our house. I really liked it, my husband did not care for it at all. My teenage son thought it needed more curry powder. I had to only give three stars because of the average in my house. I want to try it again doubling the sauce as some have done, but my husband thinks once is enough.