Cait's Mom's Note:
This one is called Mango Chicken because we first had a great chicken dish at the fabulous Mangoes Restaurant in Key West. We bought their cookbook and learned that they take the Key Lime Beurre Blanc recipe and substitute other fruits instead of the key lime, to taste. So, remember that and substitute in-season fresh fruit that you've juiced to taste. We also have doubled the quantity so as to have plenty!
My Private Note
main di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (or pinch dry as a substitute)
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 4 key limes, juice and zest of (or fresh citrus juice for any fruit you like , squeeze out the juice into a bowl, grated the skin in)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash white pepper, preferably
- 1Have someone make grilled chicken by rinsing and drying the chicken breasts and covering both sides with seasoning salt. Place on hot grill and turn until done. Keep warm (if sauce isn't done) by covering with aluminum foil while holding on a plate off the heat to avoid drying out the chicken.
- 2While chicken is cooking, in small saucepan add the oil and when it is hot, add the shallot and thyme and cook until shallot is slightly browned.
- 3Deglaze pan with lime juice and wine. In other words, pour in lime juice and wine and use your stirrer to remove stuck shallot and thyme from bottom of pan and try to dissolve into the liquid you just added.
- 4Reduce volume by one half.
- 5Add cream and reduce again by three quarters. This reducing concentrates the flavors.
- 6Remove from heat and slowly wisk in the butter a little at a time.
- 7Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- 8You can check the flavor and add a little sugar if you like, or more fruit juice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.0
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 200.7 mg
- Sodium 448.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: