Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Plan ahead the cake needs to chill 8 or more hours.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup crushed Oreo cookies (or 1-1/2 cup of either)
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (can use more sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed fresh mango (can use more or less)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- FOR CRUST: Combine all ingredients, and press into bottom of a 9 or 10-in spingform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 mins; cool, increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- FILLING: Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Then add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 mins, then lower temperature back to 350 degrees, for 35-40 mins, or until lightly golden, and just set.
- Cool 5 hours, then refrigerate 8 more hours or overnight.
I found it a little on the bland side, even with the extra mango. The oreo crust was a little hard, also. Sorry, I was just expecting a more mango taste.
Love the unusual crust; although I couldn't really taste the mango very much in the cheesecake. Will have to try the mango-pineapple topping too. :)
if u find it bland, try adding 1/2 cup of mango concentrate on it. and alos mango gelly topping! simmer 1cup mango nectar, 1tsp lemon juice and 1tbsp cornstarch. set for about 10mins then pour into ur cooled cheesecake. if u want more flavor into it, instead of mashed mango, consider mango puree with little cubes of mango the size of corn kernels onto ur batter. a little time consuming but worth it, imo.