Prep 40 mins
Cook 55 mins
There used to be a restaurant here in PR that had the BEST mango cheesecake but the rest. closed down. A friend got me the recipe, so I actually modified it quite a bit and came out with something even better than the original! So, here is a little taste of Puerto Rico, enjoy!
- For the crust mix crumbs with melted butter then press mixture to bottom of 9" greased springform pan or 9" cheesecake pan. Place crust in freezer until filling is prepared.
- For the filling, cream the cheese and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in rum, vanilla and mango.
- Pour filling into frozen crust and bake at 350 F for 45-55 minutes, or until top is a light golden color and center jiggles slightly.
- Cool for 2 hours, then cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.