1/1 Photo of Mango Cardamom Zucchini Bread (Gluten Free)
I tweaked my recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Hazelnut Bread to come up with this. The orange extract and spices mask the olive oil flavor pretty well. This could also be baked in a 9 x 5 loaf pan for about 50 minutes but I haven't tried that yet. SUBSTITUTION: You can use one cup regular flour instead of the oat and soy flours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 88.74 ml light brown sugar (or more, see note at beginning of directions)
- 4.92 ml orange extract
- 295.73-354.88 ml coarsely grated zucchini or 1 medium coarsely grated zucchini
- 177.44 ml organic oat flour
- 59.14 ml organic soy flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cardamom
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1 medium mango, ripe and fragrant
- 1Smell and taste the mango to make sure it’s fragrant and sweet. If the mango is not very sweet or sweet-and-sour, you may want to increase the sugar by a couple of tablespoons. (This part is a little tricky, because a very sweet mango will impart extra sweetness to the finished bread.).
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a bowl combine and oil and eggs. Add sugar; mix.
- 4Stir in orange extract and zucchini.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually stir into zucchini mixture to combine.
- 6Peel mango and cut into ½ inch dice. Drain the mango pieces well by squeezing gently and measure out about ¾ cup to 1 cup. Stir diced mango into batter.
- 7Add some additional sugar if desired, per the above note in the directions.
- 8Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 10Bake about 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Cardamom Zucchini Bread (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g