Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
to use in Crepes with mango butter and Cointreau sauce
- Preheat the oven to 100°C
- Place mango pulp, lemon and orange juice in a large pan over low heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, spread the sugar on a large baking tray, place in the oven and warm for five minutes. Blend or sieve the mango mixture, then return to the pan. Stir in the warmed sugar and cook gently over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the
- heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent catching, for up to 30 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Spoon the butter into clean, sterilised jars. Cover and seal. Serve on toast or use to fill cakes. Mango butter will keep in the fridge for up to three weeks.