1/7 Photos of Mango Brulee
Eating Well newsletter, April 2007. A nice finish to a summer meal or a delicious breakfast! You can use pineapples, grapefruit, papaya, or even melon slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Place one mango on a cutting board with the narrow side facing you.
- 3With a sharp knife, slice off one side, sliding the knife along the flat seed.
- 4Repeat on the other side of the mango.
- 5With a paring knife, make crisscross cuts through the flesh, cutting up to but not through the skin.
- 6Repeat with the second mango.
- 7Sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar over each mango half, then drizzle each one with 1 teaspoon rum (or orange juice).
- 8Set mango halves on a broiler pan or baking sheet.
- 9Broil until tops are light golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 10Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g