Recipe by Manami
Eating Well newsletter, April 2007. A nice finish to a summer meal or a delicious breakfast! You can use pineapples, grapefruit, papaya, or even melon slices.
- 2 mangoes
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons rum or 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Place one mango on a cutting board with the narrow side facing you.
- With a sharp knife, slice off one side, sliding the knife along the flat seed.
- Repeat on the other side of the mango.
- With a paring knife, make crisscross cuts through the flesh, cutting up to but not through the skin.
- Repeat with the second mango.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar over each mango half, then drizzle each one with 1 teaspoon rum (or orange juice).
- Set mango halves on a broiler pan or baking sheet.
- Broil until tops are light golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.