Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Eating Well newsletter, April 2007. A nice finish to a summer meal or a delicious breakfast! You can use pineapples, grapefruit, papaya, or even melon slices.
- 2 mangoes
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons rum or 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat broiler.
- Place one mango on a cutting board with the narrow side facing you.
- With a sharp knife, slice off one side, sliding the knife along the flat seed.
- Repeat on the other side of the mango.
- With a paring knife, make crisscross cuts through the flesh, cutting up to but not through the skin.
- Repeat with the second mango.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar over each mango half, then drizzle each one with 1 teaspoon rum (or orange juice).
- Set mango halves on a broiler pan or baking sheet.
- Broil until tops are light golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Mmm... warm mango! It's different and tastes beautiful! Thanks!... Just realized it has almost the consistency and flavor of peach cobbler, sans cobbler :D
This is so good. I like how simple it is to make and yet looks so sophisticated. I made 2 with oj for my kids and 2 with the rum for DH and I. Thank you for posting! Made for ZWT5 & Dining Daredevils.
Right now I'm on a rather odd Naturpathic Dr. induced diet of no raw fruits. It's been very frustrating, as I love fruit. I JUST FOUND THE SOLUTION! This is terrific! Not too sweet or heavy. Certainly very simple. I will make this A LOT. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for ZWT5 Groovy GastroGnomes.