Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe that I've had for sometime and have not made lately. But remember this being a good recipe,
- 3 large mangoes, sliced
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Place half the mangoes in a small baking dish and cover with 1/2 cup granola.
- Add the lemon juice and grated rind.
- Add remaining mangoes and add remaining granola.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and dot with butter. Add water.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve either warm or cool.
I made this exactly as directed, no added sugar and for my family it was just right the brown sugar was plenty. Served over ice cream with a topping of whipped cream and it was wonderful. Went together so easy with simple directions. The hardest part I had was slicing that slippery mango. Made for ZWT 2011
This is a GREAT simple recipe. I've fixed it twice this month and last time added blackberries, also the tbs. of raw sugar suggested. It was terrific. We add it to oatmeal in the morning for a quick nutritious breakfast. Thanks.
This was absolutely wonderful!!! I did sprinkle 1 Tbsp. over the mangos, as another review suggested. I also used low fat apple cinnamon granola. Will definitely make again. Than you!