Recipe by ix3fruits
I substituted a mango bread recipe to make it lower in calories.
Top Review by French Fried Texan
This was just okay. We found it too sweet and even though I halved the cinnamon, it overwhelmed the flavor of the mango. I also think the mango would have been better pureed than diced. Made for PAC Fall '07
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons egg substitute
- 6 tablespoons Smart Balance light butter spread
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh mango, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon into a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, smart balance, and sugar and mix with dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in mango and then pour into loaf pans
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes, unmold and let completely cool on baking racks.