Recipe by Cindy Lynn
I am posting this in response for a request on the boards for a recipe to use up some mangoes. I made this yesterday, but the original recipe had way too much sugar, so I've adjusted the recipe to the way I will make it in the future.
Top Review by chia
i had 2 very ripe mangoes which i used, and the amount of sugar 3/4c was just fine. this made a moist fruity loaf. i did use chopped walnuts but omitted the raisins. i made this in a fancy nordicware loaf pan, so it had a nice design, and sprinkled the top with some confectioners sugar. delicious dessert, thanks cindy lynn
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 177.44 ml sugar (1 cup may be used if mangoes are not very ripe)
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and soda, whisking together.
- Form well in center.
- Place well beaten eggs in well and with a spoon mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into greased breadpan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Turn out onto cooling rack.
- Cool to room temperature, then slice and serve.