Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really easy recipe for mango bread, from A Taste of Hawaii Cookbook. The toughest thing about this recipe is cutting up the mangoes. Great mango flavor! I love the crunch of the macadamia nuts and walnuts. Enjoy!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml macadamia nuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml walnuts, broken into pieces
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml ripe mangoes, cut into small cubes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Form a well in the center of the mixture and add the sugar, eggs, macadamia nuts, walnuts and the oil. Add mango and slowly incorporate into the flour mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool. Slice and eat!
Great recipe LIG, this bread is incredible. I can still smell it baking, the house smelled wonderful. Incredible flavors and textures. The cake has a nice crunchy outer crust and is soft and tender on the inside. The macadamia nuts are a perfect pairing with mangoes. I really enjoyed the way the cinnamon enhances the bread. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely recipe, that we will enjoy again and again. Made for CQ3 - Fruit Challenge - Bahamas
I used 2 fresh mangoes and this turned out great. My oven and I are still on a learning curve so there was a wet patch in the middle but this is not at all due to the recipe. I made a round loaf and enjoyed it with butter. This was a most enjoyable way to eat mangoes and such a change from my usual banana or carrot cakes.
Wonderful recipe! Flavorful, not too sweet, loved the macadamias and walnuts in this. I used applesauce in place of the oil with excellent results. I baked mine in 4 mini ceramic loaf pans for the 45 minutes specified. Great bread - thanks for sharing the recipe!