Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is a really easy recipe for mango bread, from A Taste of Hawaii Cookbook. The toughest thing about this recipe is cutting up the mangoes. Great mango flavor! I love the crunch of the macadamia nuts and walnuts. Enjoy!
Top Review by Baby Kato
Great recipe LIG, this bread is incredible. I can still smell it baking, the house smelled wonderful. Incredible flavors and textures. The cake has a nice crunchy outer crust and is soft and tender on the inside. The macadamia nuts are a perfect pairing with mangoes. I really enjoyed the way the cinnamon enhances the bread. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely recipe, that we will enjoy again and again. Made for CQ3 - Fruit Challenge - Bahamas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups ripe mangoes, cut into small cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Form a well in the center of the mixture and add the sugar, eggs, macadamia nuts, walnuts and the oil. Add mango and slowly incorporate into the flour mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool. Slice and eat!