Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simply the best. Note: I stand by this recipe. The proportions of flour, eggs, mango and oil are comparable to the other posted Mango bread recipes and should produce quite a satisfactory loaf.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 177.44 ml canola oil or 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml fresh ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 177.44 ml golden raisin
- 177.44 ml macadamia nuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml coconut
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger in large bowl. Combine oil, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in mango, raisins, nuts and coconut. Divide evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into center of each loaf comes out clean and loaves are golden. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on cooling rack.
Very moist, flavorful and delicious! I used very ripe manila (yellow) mangoes, and the mango flavor is wonderful. I will definitely make this again - my whole family loved it!
OMG! This was so awesome! My family loved it and the texture was absolutely perfect. I had no problems at all. It baked up big, tall and moist! Thanks, Gailann for yet another winner.
This is lovely and luscious. I used pacans instead of macadamia and unsweetend flake coconut. I am making about 8 different mango bread recipes to use the last of my harvest and freeze the goodies. This is the best!!!!!!