Recipe by gailanng
Simply the best. Note: I stand by this recipe. The proportions of flour, eggs, mango and oil are comparable to the other posted Mango bread recipes and should produce quite a satisfactory loaf.
Top Review by Marcasite Queen
Very moist, flavorful and delicious! I used very ripe manila (yellow) mangoes, and the mango flavor is wonderful. I will definitely make this again - my whole family loved it!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil or 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger in large bowl. Combine oil, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in mango, raisins, nuts and coconut. Divide evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into center of each loaf comes out clean and loaves are golden. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on cooling rack.