Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Complete Baking.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped ripe mangoes (2-3 mangoes)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line bottom and sides of 2 9"x5" loaf pans with wax paper and grease.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in oil.
- Fold in dry ingredients to creamed mixture in 3 batches.
- Fold in mangoes, 1/2 cup of the coconut and raisins.
- Spoon mixture into pans.
- Sprinkle over the remaining coconut.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before transfering to a rack to cool.
Cinammon + coconut + mango = DELISH. Just the smell mixing this make me drool. I only had one mango that gave me 1 3/4 cups so I soaked some dried mango in hot water for a few minutes chopped it up to make the two cups. YUM -O. The only problem I had was the coconut on top burned so will add that halfway thru the baking next time. This is probably from my oven that is being finicky. Did this recipe for the "my 3 Chefs"contest and is a keeper for me. Thanks for sharing, it is such a wonderful change from the usual banana or zucchini breads.